Dr. William Bender
Holistic Chiropractor & Nutritionist
Dr. Bill Bender is a Holistic Chiropractor serving the Clinton Township and southeast Michigan community for the last 35 years.
Dr. Bender was born and raised in southeast Michigan. He developed an interest in doctoring by spending many a day at his father's doctors office in Detroit. He has fond memories of going on "house calls" with his dad and getting to work the old Chevy's spot light looking for the addresses on the neighborhood homes and enjoying Top Hat hamburgers along the way.
Dr. Bender did his pre-med studies at Oakland University, Rochester, MI. Dr. Bender's calling to help humanity eventually lead him to one of our nations top chiropractic colleges, Life University, in Marietta, Georgia. Dr. Bender graduated in 1984 and began his practice in the spring of 1985 in St. Clair Shores, Michigan.
It was not long before Dr. Bender's colleagues noticed his leadership abilities and elected him to many positions within the Michigan Chiropractic Council. Dr. Bender rose to President of the state association and eventually Chairman of the Board. He went on to hold a national position in the Congress of Chiropractic State Associations as a District President representing to seven other states.
Currently Dr. Bender has been chosen to present his Wellness seminars to the 127th and 110 Wing Air National Guard through our military's Yellow Ribbon Program. Additionally, Dr. Bender presents seminars on workplace safety, nutrition, chiropractic and various aspects of wellness to local companies, organizations and groups through the Foundation for Wellness Education.
Dr. Bender has two sons, Dr. Tom and Alex. He enjoys classic cars, camping, kayaking, shooting sports, woodworking and special times with family and friends.
- Standard Process Clinical Advisor — 2019 - Present
- Nautical Mile Merchants Association - Member of the board — 2019 - Present
- Macomb County Chamber of Commerce Ambassador — 2015 - Present
- Foundation For Wellness Education Representative and Presenter — 2010 - Present
- 127 Wing Air National Guard Yellow Ribbon Presenter on Wellness — 2011 - 2019
- 110 Airlift Wing Air National Guard Yellow Ribbon Presenter on Wellness — 2011 - 2013
- Expert Legal Witness to chiropractic profession in Michigan — 2006 - 2011
- Chairman, Michigan Chiropractic Council, January — 2001 - 2003
- President, Michigan Chiropractic Council, January — 1999 - 2001
- Congress of Chiropractic State Associations, District Two Regional Director — 1999 - 2001
- Vice President of the Michigan Chiropractic Council, — 1994 - 1999
- Chiropractic Peer Review Committee, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan — 1996 - 1998
- Convention Chairman, Michigan Chiropractic Council — 1993 - 1996
- Chairman, Chiropractic For Industry Program, Michigan Chiropractic Council — 1991 - 1998
- Chiropractic Arbiter for Arbitration Services of Michigan — 1993 - 1996
- Board Member, Michigan Chiropractic Council — 1992 - 1994
- President - District One, Michigan Chiropractic Council — 1990 - 1992
- Vice President - District One, Michigan Chiropractic Council — 1988 - 1990
- Secretary - District One, Michigan Chiropractic Council — 1986 - 1988
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Fellow Award — 2001
- Michigan Senate Special Tribute Award — 2000
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Appreciation Award — 1999
- Congress of Chiropractic State Associations Appreciation Award — 1998 - 2000
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Exemplary Leadership Award — 1998
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Extraordinary Service Award — 1998
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Exemplary Leadership Award — 1997
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Exemplary Leadership Award — 1996
- Michigan Chiropractic Council President's Award — 1995
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Service Award — 1995
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Sentinel Award — 1994
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Leadership Award — 1994
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Outstanding Service Award — 1994
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Outstanding Service Award — 1993
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Outstanding Service Award — 1992
- Michigan Chiropractic Council Outstanding Service Award — 1990
- Life Chiropractic College Honorary Life Certificate — 1988
- Life Chiropractic College Ambassador Award — 1987
- Selfridge Air National Guard Base Community Council (Past) — (www.127wg.ang.af.mil)
- Activator Methods Chiropractic Technique (AMCT) - Advanced Proficiency — (www.activator.com)
- Neuro Emotional Technique (N.E.T.) - Certified — (www.netmindbody.com)
- Standard Process Nutrition - Silver Practitioner — (www.standardprocess.com)
- Foundation for Wellness Education — (www.foundationforwellnesseducation.org)
- Macomb County Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Tom Bender
Dr. Tom Bender developed his love for Chiropractic care from a young age. He fondly remembers the days he would spend at his father's office as a child, having the opportunity to observe patients come into the office; and hearing the praises they had for his father, Dr. Tom decided to dedicate his life to learn all that he could so he could go out into the world and help others.
Immediately after high school, Dr. Tom moved down to Georgia to attend Life University. He began his Bachelor's degree in nutrition while simultaneously fulfilling the requirements to enter the Doctor of Chiropractic Program. Dr. Tom's determination to succeed was put to the test in 2015 when he was diagnosed with Stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. After losing his mother to cancer when he was 10 years old, he refused to let his diagnosis stop him from being able to help others.
After 9 months of complimentary treatment, which included: Chiropractic care, Designed Clinical Nutrition, Emotional Healing, Stress Management, Exercise, and Chemotherapy, Dr. Tom's recovery was smooth, and he was able to return to working towards his dream of becoming a Doctor of Chiropractic. In 2018, Dr. Tom graduated from Life University among the top of his class and holds many accolades for his academic achievements.
Dr. Tom strives to provide high quality chiropractic care through a unique perspective for friends, family, and community members of all ages so they can get the healthcare they deserve.
Outside of the office, Dr. Tom enjoys spending time with his wife, Shawna, their son, Mason, and their 2 dogs Loki and Thor. As an ex-competitive swimmer, he loves exercising and spending time in the water swimming, kayaking, boating, and doing anything else water related.
Chiropractic Assistant and Patient Advocate
JoAnn has over 20 years of Chiropractic experience. She has held every position possible in running the office. Acting as our Patient Advocate, JoAnn is our go-to person in addressing the questions and concerns of our Nutrition patients. On a personal note, through regular Chiropractic and Nutrition care, she is able to keep up with her two young granddaughters Sarafina and Antonella, teach indoor cycling classes and yoga.
Chiropractic Assistant and Biller
Danielle recently celebrated her one-year anniversary with our office. As our Biller, she is our go-to for all insurance-related matters and assists our patients with any and all financial questions. Her whole active family (including herself, her husband, and her two teenage kids) have begun their own wellness experiences that have involved chiropractic and Nutrition Response Testing with our office, and they have seen life-changing results. Danielle is an avid reader and an active crafter, and usually has a crochet or knitting project she's working on.
Chiropractic Assistant and Patient Advocate
Lindsay is a massage therapist & Reiki master, and has been working in holistic health care for nearly 2 decades. Her introduction to chiropractic care and massage therapy began after a dislocated knee at the age of 15, and she has been a staunch advocate of preventative health care ever since. With a diverse background that includes performing arts, kickboxing, yoga, marketing, and all things health care, she has a ton of information and experience that aides her in addressing questions and concerns our patients may have as they go through their care with us. As our Chiropractic Assistant and Patient Advocate, Lindsay assists our patients with their traction and decompression, assists the doctors during exams for chiropractic care and Nutrition Response Testing, and helps liaise with local businesses to spread the word of our office and all we have to offer.